resolve for 2019: is all about self care and wellness. living intentionally, mindfully, and spiritually. to thrive.
last year i look back and just wonder, what the fuck was that? never have i deeply understood the meaning of starting new. the fire in my soul is re-igniting.
a short while ago, i had a epiphany, i came to the realization that i was no longer grounded within myself. my leaves were wilted and a few petals fell off. not a good look. so here is a list of areas in my life i’d like to work on to help me grow, thrive and bloom.
- self-care – i feel like i have to get in tune with my inner self. my energy has been surrounded by the wrong type of outside energy for a while now. which in turn has impacted my mindset on how i was living my life…walking through muddy waters.
- debt free journey – there is a heavy weight on my shoulders…i’m in the position of really getting myself out of this. which means my life will be more of little surprises of entertainment vs an ongoing everyday pleasure.
- sleep and energy – for the longest time, i would always stay up past midnight even if i was sleepy around 8pm. weird right, i honestly dont know why i would do this to myself. my work schedule doesn’t allow me to have normal work hours, with different starting times can affect my cycle, i need to really listen to my body.
- commitments – what can i do less of? say no to things i don’t want to do or afford to do.
- media consumption – i am definitely a binge watcher and instagram-a-holic. i want to write more and read books more. however, i can’t get away from building an online presence. so a healthy, mindful balance is in order.
- wellness – being more mindful of what i consume. i want to quit with the processed foods and too much alcohol. fitness and staying active is one my many new lifestyle changes. i can’t wait to really see the results.
- weekends – slow it down and focus on more self care on the weekends and setting time aside for family and friends.
- beauty and skincare – i’m doing a makeup rotation. i got rid and threw away makeup…now i’m trying to hit pan or empty products so i can just focus on keeping and using what always works for me. creating a capsule makeup collection. i am going through the process with skin care. no more buying more than i need.
this is the year of self reflecting and self realization. balance and protect my space. some things i will be able to get through quickly but most is a lifestyle shift.